Challenge Yourself with a BOSU Ball in your Workouts
BOSU balls are the best balance trainers out there. It can quickly max you out of exhaustion when you are training with it. BOSU balls give a kick to your seemingly monotonous workout routine. The imbalanced nature of the ball makes your exercises a bit more challenging and taxing to your body. Still, it hastens the development of your strength, balance, muscle growth, flexibility, and endurance. You can use it to almost any workout routines you might have, be it geared for your upper body, lower regions, or abs. The BOSU ball can be your workout partner and coach, always cheering you on to challenge yourself and give you an extra push. If you still don’t have one yet at your home gym, it’s your chance to get one of Home Gym Set Australia’s BOSU balls.
Unlike other exercise balls, BOSU balls are not in a typical sphere shape. They are actually half a sphere or a hemisphere. This is what makes the BOSU ball a very versatile balance trainer. You can use the dome shape to balance when you have exercises that let you sit on it or lean, and you can step on the flat side when your routine needs you to stand, or use it as a base. Either way, the exercise is more demanding when you partner it up with a BOSU ball.
No products were found matching your selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
BOSU Ball Planks
- Forearm Plank
- Single-Leg Plank
- Side Plank with Lateral Shoulder Raise
- Scissor Plank
- Plank to Tap Out
BOSU Ball Abs Exercises
- Single leg Ab Extension
- Ab Twist
- One-Leg Bridge
BOSU Ball Leg Exercises
- Hamstring Tilt
- Hamstring Flexion
Arms and Back
- Triceps Dip
- Bicep Curl
- Shoulder Raise
- Back Extensions
- Mountain Climbers
- Toe taps
- Ice Skater Hop
- Box Jump
These are just a few of the many exercises you can do with a BOSU ball, you just have to be creative. We can also help you in creating your BOSU ball circuit exercise. Just reach our fitness experts at our Contact Us page.
BOSU balls have only two main types: plain and spiky BOSU balls. Both are efficient in giving your exercise a challenge, the only difference is that spiky BOSU balls can be used for massage therapy. But because of this, textured BOSU balls are much smaller than the plain ones.
Several versions of BOSU balls have emerged in the market to accommodate each user’s preference in using the BOSU ball.
BOSU Home Balance Trainer
BOSU home balance trainers are suitable for intermediate and advanced adult male and female trainers as it only weighs about 3kg, but beginners might have a hard time on this one. The home balance trainer’s maximum weight capacity is about one adult male gorilla. That means it can carry up to 250kg.
BOSU Pro Balance Trainer
BOSU Pro balance trainers are of the same size as the BOSU home version but have improvements in its stability. For this version of the BOSU ball, novices can have a go with it since it is more stable than the BOSU home. It also has an anti-scratch feature for its base, so if you purchase this for your home gym, you won’t have to worry about grazing your granite floor.
BOSU Sport Balance Trainer
The BOSU Sport balance is the only version of BOSU balls that come in two sizes and is child-friendly. It has a smaller size than the BOSU home and pro and can fit an average teen or a grown man. However, its smaller size also reduced its maximum weight capacity, which is at 145kg.
BOSU Elite Balance Trainer
These are the BOSU balls for pro athletes and advanced trainers who really want to challenge their stamina because it is the most unstable of all the BOSU balls. BOSU elite trainers are classified into two categories: the Power Line and the Power Zone. Each type of BOSU ball elite has different effects on improving your balance, speed, and body mechanics. It is also the same size as the pro and home versions.
But if you happen to overload the air inside it, be ready to take out your wrench from the toolbox. Undo the screws attached to its metal rim and let out the air. Realign it again with the base. Tighten the screws and re-inflate it. Sounds easy right? But because they are enormous balls, it might take you a long while to realign and inflate it again.
- As with any exercise, always take it slow. No one is trying to catch you, so take your time feeling the motions of the ball and being familiar with how it feels, adding it to a particular exercise. It’s okay if you don’t achieve the regular reps you do without the BOSU ball. Your stabilisers are at work, and thus it makes you more exhausted than before.
- Always warm-up before your workout. It would be best to include more stretching exercises when you know you have to use the BOSU ball. This will give your muscles a warning that they might need to work harder today.
- Take note of the manufacturer’s instructions on the manual. Every equipment always has its unique limitations. If you are aware of it, you won’t have to send yourself to the clinic or a hospital.
- Don’t use the BOSU ball when you know you have current health conditions that may need your GP’s explicit recommendations or instructions for using the BOSU ball.
- If you are a novice in balance training, always ask for a coach or fitness trainer’s assistance first on how to perfectly land the exercises on the BOSU ball without having any accidents.
- BOSU Plug Puller
This kit can be useful when you need to remove your BOSU Balance Trainer’s plugs, and BOSU Ball plugs without causing any damage. This is ideal for personal trainers and individuals who do workout sessions at their home gym to ensure that your BOSU equipment is adequately inflated and the product is maintained for longevity.
- Replacement BOSU Balance Trainer Feet, Plug and Foot Pump Nozzle/Adapter
It is better to keep at least one set of replacement parts for your BOSU Balance Trainer equipment. It would be a hassle scouring the shop or the internet on replacements and wait for days just to resume your BOSU ball workout again.
- BOSU Balance Trainer Dual Action Pump
If you’re planning to use your BOSU Balance Trainer anywhere else while vacationing or going on a business trip, it is advisable to buy a portable pump.